To protect them and prolong their life, the flooring must be maintained regularly. Contrary to popular belief, there is no miracle product. Here are some homemade tips for a flawless floor!
The first step? Remove deposits, dust and hair with a cloth and a vacuum cleaner at least once a week. Micro-dust scrapes the floor when you walk on it. It is also essential to thoroughly clean the floors.
- Hardwood: polishing it with a dry and soft cloth will revive its radiance. It is suggested to use a solvent-based (not water-based) cleaner, then wax and polish the floor once a year.
- Floating wood: hot water is enough! If the floor is really stained, you can add a little black soap or vinegar.
- Ceramic: Hot water is ideal for gentle cleaning, while household cleaning products are perfect for a good housekeeping. The application of sealant on the joints facilitates routine maintenance.
Tips to Make Disappear
- Traces of rubber soles: rub them with the sole of a running shoe. Otherwise, by mixing baking soda with water to form a paste, one can easily dislodge this kind of mark.
- Scratches on a waterproof hardwood flooring: Spread peanut butter, let it dry, then remove the excess with a soft cloth.
For a Brighter Wood Finish
- Black tea infused with washing water is incorporated;
- Two plugs of bubbles for the bath are added to hot water;
- Murphy soap and 250 ml of vinegar are mixed in 4 liters of water.
- To use a product that is too strong
- Spray or pour a cleaner directly onto the flooring;
- Use a wet mop that can leave a surplus of water and thus damage the soil;
- Use more than one vinegar plug per liter of water to clean a wood flooring. The oxidation would be detrimental to its luster.